Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Braiding Hair

Braiding hair is a international thing, people of all races braid hair or get their hair braided.

As a braider, I think braiding hair is wonderful. It's so hard for a good braider to be deemed the greatest. I don't think I'm the greatest, but I don't think I'm the worst. I'm more of the less is more type of braider; I like simple yet classic styles when it comes to my braids. Some people may say I suck just because I do simple braids compared to the millions of designs & styles I could possibly do instead. I think that if the braids are neat, styled to fit the person's facial features, and exactly what the person wants; in their eyes, I'm probably a great braider.

During my time braiding hair, I've ran into 3 types of customers who want braids: Customer 1: just wants something simple, neat, and worry-free. Customer 2: wants something a little more detailed, neat, and still worry-free. And Customer 3: wants something EXTRAVAGANT and neat. With Customer 1 it is very easy to please them. I would give them a idea of what I think is simple & neat and run with it. Customers 2 & 3 are a little bit harder since more than likely they both have their own idea of what they want & want my opinion of their idea. Some people already know how it should turn out and then others, have no clue what it will look like even at the half way point. Customers 2 & 3 may just want something out of the ordinary, but have no idea of what they want it to be. I would give them both a braid book and let them choose what they may want.

This is for any type of braids: micros, box braids, cornrows, kinky twists, etc. People just want their hair to look good.

What type of customer are you? Leave your comments!

No comments: